Friday, February 5, 2010

It's a process...

At the end of every night I lie in bed and ask that God forgive me of the ways I've hurt Him and His children. Then, every morning I wake up to a brand new day, with a clean slate. It doesn't take very long for me to chalk one on my board of mistakes though. I may say something snide toward Justin before he even gets out of bed, I may get annoyed with Mason while he's trying to eat my breakfast, and I may say an unneccesary word when I kick Mason's bone across the room, all before 5:45 am.

Why are we here? To know God and make Him known. To live out the great commission, to spread the Word, and to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind and love my neighbor as myself. Every day is an opportunity to do just that; to bring glory to His name. In every moment of laughter, in every circumstance where I'm torn, or hurt, or misunderstood, in every tear that I've shed, it's a time when He alone deserves all recognition, for He is worthy.

I am learning, it's a process...

No comments: