Friday, June 15, 2012

Already?

 Yes, this sweet man is ALREADY 15 months old! I can't believe it! He is truly a joy! He will give so many hugs and kisses if he knows you. He's all about giving anyone a high five.
 He continues to soak things up like a sponge. His spoken vocabulary has flourished just over the last few weeks, adding tree, horse, tractor, and JJ, Zach, and Papaw to people words. He can perform lots of "tricks", when he wants to of course, but my favorite one is to ask to see his "teeth" and he'll give you the biggest grin ever. Priceless.
Jude weighs 26.5 lbs and I have no idea how long he is. We have not had his 15 month check up yet. It will be a little late due to vacay in NC. He loves animals, reading books, playing outside, and trucks and tractors. He's definitely all boy. He is also a Momma's boy and I'm ok with that. I know the days of him reaching for me and crawling up in my lap won't last forever.

On a not so light note, we have really had to be persistant and consisten with disciplining Jude. He is very strong willed. He usually obeys when we tell him "no" to something but if we take something away that he wants and already has, for example, picked up a stick yesterday and started to run with it...Justin simply took it from him and said "That's dangerous Jude. We don't run with sticks." Jude flailed himself on the ground and had a coniption. He doesn't even want to give up his toothbrush until he's ready. It's a process though and with God's grace, we'll be just fine.

I'll have a summer update soon. We spent last week at North Myrtle Beach with my family and we've been in Shelby this week. Jude and I are visiting Auburn next week!!!

No comments: