Thursday, December 19, 2013

1 Month Already?

 For anyone who follows my blog, you know that this is my form of keeping up with the many family and friends we have spread out all over the country. It's also used for my benefit as an online scrap book. When you move as often as we do, the last thing you need is a scrap book kit. With that said, I'm going to try to do monthly updates on our sweet girl, so, like her brother, I can look back and remember those small, sweet moments that we as Mommies tend to forget.

These are some of my favorite photos from  her newborn session. They are only newborns for such a short season and their look changes so quickly. I love how beautiful each baby is at this tiny stage.
 As I've mentioned before, though Sadie's delivery was longer, the process in itself was much easier. The process of pushing and the actual recovery has gone much more smoothly (not that Jude's was really that difficult either thankfully) and though I'm very tired having 2 young ones, I feel like physically, I've bounced back a little better. Probably because I've had to with Jude man. :)
 My beautiful girl. At 1 month, she has started to give me 4.5-5.5 hour stretches at night. She gets her last feeding around 10 pm and doses on off. She usually wakes between 2:30-3:30 am goes back to sleep, and we start our day between 6:30 and 7:30 am. From there, we feed about every 2.5-3.5 hours, with a sleepy stage (still difficult to have much awake time) in mid afternoon. She does great with awake time in the mornings and evenings. I don't mind this, as this is also when Jude has quiet/nap time, so I'm enjoying sleeping babies at the same time while I can.

She does have a "witching hour" around 9-10 pm every night. Honestly, she seems gassy and just irritable, but we get through it. She's a doll during the day. She's already establishing some routine (which I hope continues). She does not love her bappy like Jude did, only taking one at that fussy time at night. She'll take one if she is really upset in her car seat, which she despises. Another thing she does not enjoy is her play mat yet, but she loves her swing and looking at the pictures and diplomas hanging in our walls. She'll sit and stare at them for long periods of time.

She also does not love to be swaddled. She seems to be a pretty mellow baby at this point. She nurses pretty well, but she often sucks a lot of air when she's really hungry, causing some gassy spells.
 Sadie also enjoys bath time. She likes watching Jude. Jude enjoys helping wash her as well. She doesn't like having her clothes changed, but she doesn't mind her diaper at all.
 I'm definitely enjoying the cute dresses and bows that come along with a baby girl. She is definitely a snuggle bug but can sleep well in her co-sleeper and swing.
This is her official "1 month" photo, but it cracks me up. She was cranky and her poor baby acne has hit with a vengeance. It's probably not a picture we'll put in her senior year book. :)

I have no idea how much she weighs, since we don't go back to the dr. until January, but she's definitely plumping up. We've moved onto size 1 diapers (no more newborns as of 1 month, tear shed). We'll start our cloth ones in the next few weeks when her bowels get a little more regular. She's outgrown about 1/2 of her newborn clothes, depending on the brand. This outfit above is newborn onesie with 0-3 months pants.

These tiny moments are going so quickly and I do realize how incredibly blessed to have this sweet second blessing.

We love you Sadie Girl!

No comments: