Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What a year...

Since my first "real" post was pretty serious I feel the need to lighten our blog up a bit. As for an update, Justin and I are planning for an interesting summer with lots of travelling, really, quite a bit, our first anniversary, Justin's 23rd birthday, and hopefully a dog sometime before August! We are so excited!

Justin and I have LOVED being married. During our engagement we heard such horror stories of the first year of marriage. Though it has not been what I would call easy, I would not change a single thing. God has so greatly blessed us and I have really enjoyed getting to know my wonderful husband's quirks. (I.e. He leaves his dirty clothes in the middle of the bedroom floor, he enjoys drinking from the milk jug way more than using a glass, and he typically needs some "boy time" about twice a week.) However, to see how he has grown in a wonderful leader for our family is amazing. He asks me how my quiet times are going and is always eager to hear about Bible study. He does the dishes after I cook and keeps up with ALL the finances for our family. He's very loving and I can count on him to make me laugh. One of my favorite things is since I've been going to the chiropractor for physical therapy and was told to NEVER sleep on my stomach, which is my favorite way to sleep, he will wake me up in the middle of the night and say, "Sweetie, roll over. It's not good for your neck."

What a great guy!

No comments: