Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here Lately...

Nearly 8 weeks have gone by since Justin's been out doing his research. It's gone by quickly, but at the same time, it feels like a lifetime. I have a very high respect for families that have soldiers fighting and people whose husbands have to be away on business constantly. I miss Justin terribly. Though we talk daily, I miss him being here. I miss waking up to him, doing his laundry, praying with him, cooking dinner and simply living life with him. I can not wait to have him home!

However, during this time, I have also learned a lot about being me and trusting God to fill my heart with His love. I have had to rest on the promise that God is enough and that He would bring my husband home safely to me. God has also revealed to me how faithful He is! We have prayed diligently that Justin would not get poison ivey and after 8 weeks in the woods and swamp in hot weather and high humidity, Justin's body is still clean, with the exception of several bug bites. God has also been faithful in providing wonderful friends to be here for me. People have offered their homes to me, invited me for lunch and dinner dates, and days by the pool. Almost daily, I have had encouraging comments whether it be via email, text message, or phone call, telling me that they were here if I needed anything and asking about Justin. For that, I am so thankful. Justin too has seen people's sweet generosity. Friends of ours were vacationing near Justin and took him to dinner, the high light of his time away.

I write all of this to remind people of the importance of a simple word or act of compassion. God has overwhelmed me with the love of Him through His people. It takes only seconds to send someone an email telling them you're thinking of them, or even a few hours to have someone over for dinner. Do not forget that we are called to love people as Jesus did!

Here lately, I have experienced God's love in amazing and different ways. I thank each of you who have been the vessels that were used to show me this beautiful love. I also hope to remember this special time and always offer my hand to those who need to feel Him. It's a beautiful thing to learn more about our Savior. He is forever faithful and worthy of all praise.

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." -Romans 1:8

No comments: