Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Momma!


Today, March 3rd, is my wonderful Momma's birthday, so I wanted to just give her a shout out. My Mom and I have always had a special closeness and I have always considered her one of my best friends. This is something I hope to have with my own little girl one day. My Mom never missed a game, a piano recital, a Christmas or school play, or an award's day. But, besides her unwavering support and encouragement, her love and patience has what has been the most important things. There were definitely times when I was a mouthy middle school, an unruly teen-ager, and a defiant college student, trying to figure out myself and learn who I really was. Through it all though, my Mom stood by me, corrected me when I was wrong, and loved me regardless. She has held my hand when I was scared, prayed for me when I was confused, and loved me unconditionally. When I couldn't call to say the difficult words, she called for me. When I'm mad, she sits and listens while I vent. And, most importantly, she gets me, most of the time, and when she doesn't, she doesn't care, because I'm still her little girl. All of this is to say, I would not be who I am today without the unwavering support, prayers, and love of my wonderful Mom.


I love you! Happy Birthday!

No comments: