Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Lovin', Havin' a Blast

Pure deliciousness!
4 of the 5 + Mason in Auburn!

Whew...so sorry for the drought of posts. I thought I would have MORE time to blog but boy was I wrong. Since I last wrote, I have been to Gulf Shores with the Varsity volleyball team, and let me say, though we're young this year, we will be very good! So exciting!

I also had 3 of the Fab 5 visit Auburn. Beth, Candice and Natalie got to spend 4 days with me and it was wonderful. We enjoyed long jogs in the rain, sprints through Town Creek Park's sprinklers and other Auburn favorites like shopping down town and eating at local hot spots like Big Blue Bagel, Bizilia's, Niffer's, and Tutti Frutti (twice!). Most importantly, we just got to spend some great quality time together, watching chick flicks and "sharing life" again for a few days. It was great! *We did miss Martha though...too bad it was her 1 year anniversary and so what if she had a math conference in Atlanta!

Lastly, I wanted to share about mine and Justin's swing dance lesson we experienced last night. We went with Matt and Katherine and Ryan and Amy to the Jan Dempsey Art Center. I have been totally pumped about trying this all summer and we finally were able to go last night. Let's just say, awkward it not quite enough to describe this at first. We got in a circle and instead of staying with our husbands, the men rotated partners, so I got to dance with perfect strangers, including one creeper in particular. However, when the night was over, we had learned some moves such as the "pot picker", the "Elvis", the "inside turn", and the "dip". When it was all said and done, we had a really good time, enjoyed some great laughs, and now we have a little something to show off at the weddings we have coming up in September!

No comments: