Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School has begun...and Sausage and Cheese Muffins

I can not believe that the 2010-2011 school year kicked off today and is already over. I am really excited about this school year. I have 11 students in my self-contained special education classroom, with 2 para-professionals and several other members of our SPED team. :) I am totally stoked about really focusing on functional skills like learning the public transportation system, money sense, and every day shopping and living. I love preparing my "babies" for the read world. They are too funny and never a dull moment. I also announced to them today about "Tater". Their faces were priceless! My para-pros and I joked that would be the most quiet moment in our classroom all year! One student, knowing "How you make a baby!" almost asked, "Who's the daddy?" before remembering that I'm married. I assurred them, "It's ok, remember, I'm married." Another student told me her Mama would fuss her out if she came home pregnant. I told her that her Mama was right to do so. :) So, with all that said, 2010-2011, here we come!

Sausage and Cheese Muffins
(These are one of my most favorite things in the world to make ahead of time, put them in freezer bags, and use as needed. They are Ms. Denise's (Martha's Mom) recipe.)
Ingredients:
-1 lb. lean spicey sausage, cooked and drained
-2 1/2 cups bite sized pieces of 2% velveeta cheese (I just chop up about 1/2 of 1 large block)
-6 Whole Wheat English Muffins, cut in 1/2

Directions:
1. Melt cheese on low heat in skillet and add sausage.
2. Spoon onto english muffin halves
3. Broil for about 4-5 minutes on cookie sheet
4. Allow to cool, serve or freeze for later.

1 comment:

Martha B! said...

I love this... LOVE these. More though, I love the shout out! whooop whoooooop!