Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Auburn Volleyball

I have started my 2nd year as the assistant volleyball coach/conditioning coach at Auburn High School. I also help with the JV and middle school teams. I realized that I've never shared this passion and joy on the blog before! We're going in full swing with our season so I wanted to dedicate a post to my wonderful players and co-coaches.

I have had the priveledge of coaching with 3 wonderful other coaches, Jan, Mindy, and Abby. We work great as a team and have a ball when we're together.

We also have a GREAT group of girls this year. They work hard, push themselves, are so respectful, and have really fun, laid back attitudes. Being a student athlete myself growing up, some of my favorite memories of my life are on the volleyball or basketball court or the softball field. I know how important these memories are to these girls. Not only is being an athlete something that's important, but as a coach, I also have the opportunity to share my faith and my life stories with these girls. I know some of the most influential people in my life (for good or bad) from the ages of 10-18 were coaches and I hope I can spare some nuggets of truth for these girls to take with them. I pray for them each every day and feel so blessed to be a part of this team. Right now we're 3-4 but we have some great games this week, including Ben Russell tomorrow night! Any who, coaching has become something I love, almost as much as playing and I am so thankful for this opportunity!

No comments: