Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas from North Carolina

Christmas 2010 has come and gone, but it's been a wonderful one! We started our Christmas break with 2 baby showers for Jude, 1 in Shelby and 1 in Asheboro with family and friends. We feel extrememly blessed to see people's love poured out over us as we welcome our first son!

Before Christmas, Justin had to go to Virginia Tech for a few days to finish up some collaboration with researchers there, but it gave some time for me and Jillian to catch up on some girl time during the day and have family time at night with my family. On Christmas Eve, we enjoyed a day full of games and hanging out with family and lots of baking and then we had a great dinner. On Christmas morning, we shared in the family tradition of Daddy reading the Christmas story from Luke 2 and having prayer, then we all opened gifts. Again, we are so blessed. To think of all the many families, especially children who don't have anything to open on Christmas breaks my heart. However, the saddest part is that so many people have no idea of WHY we celebrate Christmas, the birth of our Savior. I think that's one reason why I love giving gifts, because it's a symbol of God's great love for us, His greatest gift.

Justin's parents got us a new camera, which I really love and have been taking lots of pictures with (and I also got a LOFT gift card to use in the spring after Jude is born! Already looking forward to shopping, post baby!) My parents were great "Santa and Mrs. Clause" this year, getting exactly what I asked for with a few surprises. I wanted new black boots and perfume, and they're great. My siblings also showered us with gifts and they all also bought Jude some of his first Christmas presents. At first I thought it was strange, but my Mom made an excellent point; Jude is just as much alive right now growing inside of me as if he were here, and I totally agree with her! Of course...God has given him life since the minute he was conceived, one of our greatest blessings, our son!

I officially cooked brunch for the whole family with sausage, biscuits, eggs, and hashbrowns and Mom topped it off with her amazing home cooked chipped beef gravy!!! YUM! The rest of the day we hung around the house and had a dinner with my extended family. Around 7:30 pm, the snow began to fall and we officially had a white Christmas.

This morning we got to enjoy our 7 inches of snow and we have lots of fun pictures to share when we get home. Tomorrow, after wedding dress shopping with Jillian and Mom, Justin and I will go to Shelby to bring in the new year and spend time with his family. What an amazing Christmas, one of the best!

Merry (late) Christmas from North Carolina!--Pictures to come!

No comments: