Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Before and After

First of all, I wanted to post this picture because I thought it was just plain hysterical. As many of you know, Mason is our "first" son and is really a part of our family. He was snuggling with me the other night on the couch when we both fell asleep and Justin thought it would be funny to make him a "gangster" dog with his tobogan, so yeah, there you go. Poor Mason!
Before

After
In other news, I got 2 great chairs from a friend of mine who was simply trying to make room in her attic. I have been wanting to paint them and recover them for a while. I knew I needed to get this project done before Jude arrived, so this past Saturday, Justin and I worked on them and this is our finished product! I am very pleased with how they turned out! All we did was sand them and paint them "creamy nutmeg" and recovered those awful stripes with a pale yellow paisley pattern. All the supplies cost less than $20 and they look really great in our dining room. Our dining room set only has 4 chairs so these make great addtional seating, as well as good decorations. I saw some pretty chocolate brown pillows I want to add to them at Target, but we'll wait for February for that purchase. :)
Lastly, I can't post the day after the National Championship win without saying "WAR EAGLE"!



No comments: