Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


My Mom, holding Jude at the park...candid shot...

Snuggling with my little man

This year Mother's Day is definitely something different for me. I am so extremely blessed to be able to have the title of "Mommy" this year to sweet baby Jude! Last Mother's Day was very difficult. We had lost our first baby in January and had had 3 negative pregnancy tests by this time. I was very much struggling with "why me" and "what did I do wrong" and I selfishly did not want to celebrate other mothers that were able to hold their babies in their arms. Fortunately, the Lord covered me with His grace and peace during that time and I had a lot of support and encouragement from family and friends that helped pull me through. I now know that there is nothing I did wrong, or right, to deserve being a mother. God has chosen to bless me and I pray for the strength and wisdom to train Jude up in His word.

I also want to say "thank you" to my own mother, who has stood by me in every step I've ever took. I can't think of a time when my Mom did not support and encourage me to follow my dreams and hold me accountable when I wavered. I also have 2 wonderful grandmothers whom I love very much and adore! My Mimmie went to be with Jesus in November of 2006 but I have the blessing of keeping my Mamaw here with me for a while longer. These 3 women certainly were used by the Lord to continue a legacy of faith that I pray continues in the next generations.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there...never forget to thank God for our belssings!

No comments: