Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sore...

Whew...well, as of yesterday, I am officially beginning to "tone up" again. For the last 10 1/2 months, I have "maintained", which I've been pleased with, but I'm ready for a challenge. We found out in mid July last year that Jude was coming and I had all intentions on keeping my regular work out routine at least through the 1st trimester and easing up accordingly, as recommended. However, due to some pretty large ovarian cysts, I had to stop jogging and doing any kind of sharp movements and lower my weights at only 8 weeks pregnant.

Fortunately, I kept with my daily walks, my super cheesy Denise Austin pregnancy weight lifting video, and my pregnancy yoga (which I loved) and on D-day, had only gained 27 lbs. I really did feel great through out my whole pregnancy and I think staying active helped a lot! I am now down to within 5 lbs of my start weight, but let's be honest, things definitely look different, haha.

Pregnancy was totally worth it, but I can say that I am ready to really sweat, feel the burn, and be sore...well sore I am. Yesterday I broke out my old "The Shred" video with Jillian Michaels and my inner thighs and shoulders are feeling it today. It wasn't as hard as I was afraid of, but my lungs definitely need some serious work! Any who, I'm officially sore today and ready to get back in the real grove of things...whoop whoop!

No comments: