Tuesday, February 4, 2014

These Are The Moments...

An oldie but a goodie came to mind for me today. While standing at my sink rinsing dishes and singing hymns, I thought Jude was finishing lunch. I then felt my sweet boy come up behind me, squeeze my leg tight and say, "I love you Mommy." I immediately teared up, dropped to my knees and gave him a huge hug in which he squeezed back. I said, "I love you too baby. What made you come and tell me that?" His response, "I like it when you sing." I know Edwin McCain meant for this to be a love song, but the lyrics of the chorus also made me think of my sweet babies today:

I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've got all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more


Being a Mom is so hard. Tantrums, diapers, endless laundry, meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs; the list goes on and on. I often question, "Am I really going to mess these poor babes up?" Moments like this one are the ones that make those hard moments worth it. I know that something I'm doing, by God's grace, is right. I also had some wonderful snuggle moments rocking Jude and reading to him. I also got to dance with him and eat snack in his tent in the living room. I say "get to" because there are arms that are empty, longing for a child. Or, there are empty-nesters, missing these Elmo filled and messy lunch time days. 

Then, there is my sweet Sadie girl. She's not even 3 months old and she wakes up happy already. She laughs when Jude and I dance. She toots every time she coughs. She loves to snuggle, smile at me while feeding, and hold my hand while drifting off to sleep. Every moment is a blessing.

These truly are the moments that I will remember all my life...trying to point my children to our Savior, loving them with His love and trying to show them His grace. I could not ask for more. 

 

No comments: