Friday, August 28, 2009

Yellow Jackets

Ok, so on Sunday Justin and I woke up to a GORGEOUS Sunday morning and we were going to take Mason on a job before going to church. While sitting in the floor putting on my shoes with Mason, I heard a buzzing noise. I looked up and saw 2 yellow jackets. I went ahead and swatted them with my shoe. I opened to blinds to see a few more. I felt that this was strange and called Justin into the sunroom/Mason's room. We opened the blinds on both windows and there were over 30 yellow jackets at the top of the windows, inside the house! Though they were strangely calm and not trying to sting/bite us, we went ahead and "Raid"'ed the room. This entailed having to mop the floors and clean the windows since Raid can poison dogs and that's where Mason sleeps. Needless to say, we missed preaching and only made it to Sunday School since we were dealing with this invasion of yellow jackets.

Since then, we have found a few buzzing here and there. Justin sealed the windows extra tight and we can not figure out where these things are coming from! Does anyone have any suggestions? Fortunately, we are able to close all doors from the sunroom to the rest of the house so they're only in that one room, but it's still strange and quite a nuisance....

1 comment:

Martha said...

ew ew EWWWWW... tom even has to kill MOTHS for me. I can't give you advice, but I can give you 100% of my sympathy for the evening.