Friday, February 25, 2011

Updates and a New Fave Recipe!

Things are going great for us...we're still in our waiting period until our little man arrives. God has given me such a peace about His perfect timing and I'm really not that uncomfortable at all physically. I have some pain in my hips and lower back when I wake up, but other than that, I'm really doing great! Praise the Lord! I had some really bad pain from Jude lying on my sciatic nerve last week, but thankfully after a few days he moved and I could walk normally. Jude is still growing strong and is progressing great! At my 37 week appointment yesterday, I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I'm taking this with a grain of salt because I know babies can come anytime He sees fit...

I have also found one of my new favorite recipes for a dessert. It's cheap, easy, and SUPER yummy! Hope you enjoy!

Fruity Cupcakes with a Glaze
Ingredients:
-1 box yellow cake mix
-1 can fruit pie filling of your choice (I prefer apple or cherry)
-1 egg

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together until creamy. Pour into muffins tins lined with liners until about 1/2 way full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. (Makes 24 cupcakes)

Glaze: While cupcakes are baking, mix 1 cup powdered sugar and 5 tablespoons milk. Drizzle over warm cupcakes.

No comments: