Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Is My Favorite

Jude man had his 6 month photo shoot last week. He was giggling up a storm and I thought I had timed the session perfuctly. Unfortunately, our photographer got into traffic coming from the Valley so she was almost an hour late and we were pushing for Jude's nap time. We got some really great shots though and I am really pleased with how they turned out! :)
Such a sweet little man!

Now, onto the blog that matches the title...if you look at years past's blogs, I will always divulge into why fall is my favorite season. My entire life, I remember longing for fall, knowing all the wonderful things that come along with this season. Here are a list of my favorite things (in no particular order):

1. Cooler weather...I love being able to dress in layers...jeans with a cotton shirt and a light jacket or sweatshirt for mornings and evenings.
2. Football...growing up with TN Vols fans, I have many childhood memories huddled in the living room. After moving to Auburn, my love for football grew even more as we became members of the Auburn family, where our ties will always remain true...War Eagle!
3. Foods of Fall...Pumpkin anything; bread, muffins, cookies, latte's, need I say more? As well as hearty soups such as some of my favorites, taco soup, chicken enchilda, and cheesy chicken noodle.
4. Colors...the vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows...lovely. (For my Auburn friends, in a few weeks, please drive by our old house and look at the beautiful bright yellow gingko tree by the driveway...it will be a perfect spot for pictures of little ones and I know the Davis's won't mind you borrowing it for a photo shoot. :)
5. Halloween...though my family has never relished in the negativity that can come with this holiday, we have always enjoyed this as a timeless tradition. I love dressing up (in "nice" costumes) and doing the festivities like getting candy, fall festivals, games, hay rides, and pumpkin patches. LOTS of family time!
6. My birthday...yes, I would be lying if I didn't throw this one in here...October 14 is a very fun day for me!
7. The Beginning of a New Year...growing up, I always thought of "years" as my grades. From kindergarten-my senior year of college, that's how I looked at life and I always termed summers as "the summer before my senior year" or whatever. Then, after becoming a teacher, I have now continued with that with, "Oh, my 2nd year of teaching I _____________ fill in the blank." So, with August/September comes a new year for me. New students, new experiences, new year. :)

Let Fall Begin! :)

No comments: