Thursday, September 8, 2011

Advice...

Let me start off by stating that if you know me at all, I am a social butterfly. I love ministering to women and being with ladies. I thrive in this atmosphere. The Lord is really teaching me a lot about allowing Him to be my All in all. We continue to visit different churches in search of where we need to be to worship and serve. My job is slightly overwhelming to say the least. My only friends are my principal, my school secretary, and the Agriculture teacher, 2 in which are men...hmm. Needless to say, God is trying to stretch and grow me and I'm tryng to be willing.

I have some amazing family and friends though in other parts of the country who I can sense are lifting me up in their prayers. They have emailed encouragement, texted sweet messages, and they pray for me daily, and for that I am so thankful. One sweet friend and mentor gave me a quote that speaks volumes to me right now, "Sometimes it takes the absence of people to feel the presence of God." WHOA! I am a social being, more so than the average person, so to be still and spend an abundant amount of time without girlfriends is difficult for me. However, I am learning there will be seasons of life where He is enough and He should always remain enough.

I am so thankful to have a husband who is patient with me. I am learning to love him, even when I'm frustrated...he is the reason we're here, haha. BUT, he was being obedient to our Heavenly Father by moving our family here and I must trust that He knows what's best for our lives.

I have had multiple people who encourage me to be in the Word more now than ever and I am so thankful for that. God's promises are ALWAYS true, not just when life is hunky dorey.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement....

No comments: