Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sedona and Halloween

2 weekends ago, we had some special visitors. Justin's Mom, Nana, and some of his grandparents, Mamaw Ann and Papaw Mick came for a visit. We picked them up on Saturday morning in Phoenix and headed to one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, Sedona, AZ. We had heard that is really is considered one of the most snenic places in the country, but I didn't believe it until we got there. All around us was sheer beauty! I'm typically a beach girl y'all, but I was in utter amazement. I definitely can't wait to go back!

There was lots of cute shops in the town of Sedona and we enjoyed yummy food while there of course. On Sunday, we had to enjoy the outdoor parts and we went to a National Park where we were able to take some amazing pictures like this one above. On the drive home, we saw some other beautiful parts of Arizona, including the Payson/Rim area. AZ is definitely not all desert!

We also stopped at some cliff dwellings near Roosevelt Lake. These were so neat! We actually got to go in these "houses" in the side of cliffs (of course there is a nice, steep walking path now) where Native Americans used to live, estimated in 1200-1500 AD. I can't imagine living there, HOLY COW!

Monday was Halloween and the Dellingers became the Irwins. :) As soon as we found out Jude was a boy I knew I wanted him to be a crocodile for his first Halloween and let Justin one of his idols, Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter! So, we did just that. I was "Terry", Steve's wife. We took Jude downtown to the town's Halloween Festival, but we didn't get candy since Justin and I would be the ones to consume it. They had a DJ and other fun things, but mostly we enjoyed looking at the different costumes and letting Jude enjoy the sights.

The family was able to stay until Wednesday morning and we had such a wonderful visit. Next time they come, we'll be in our new house so we won't have 5 adults sharing 1 TINY bathroom. :) Jude and I leave tomorrow morning for Tennessee to visit my Mom's side of the family. I am really looking forward to it. We get to help celebrate my cousins Jeff and Gerri Le's son, Jamen, 1st birthday! Say a prayer that Jude does as well on these plane rides as he did last month! :)

No comments: