Tuesday, November 15, 2011

'Tis So Sweet

Jude LOVES to be sung to...he can be having a screaming fit and usually if I start singing, he'll start smiling and singing with me. Since he was tiny, I have sang hymns to him, and as he's gotten older, he continues to love them. It's been a good reminder to me because there are such good biblical truths and promises in so many of the older hymns. Here are a few of his favorites, as well as mine. I hope they can be a reminder and an encouragement to you today:

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus. Just to take him at His word. Just to rest upon His promise. Just to say, "Thus saieth the Lord." Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!Oh, for grace to trust Him more!"

"I heard an old, Old story How a saviour came From glory How he gave his life On calvary To save a wretch like me. I heard about His groaning, Of his precious blood's Atoning Then I repented Of my sin And won the victory Oh, victory in Jesus, My saviour forever He sought me And he bought me With his redeeming blood He loved me Ere I knew him And all my love Is due him He plunged me to victory Beneath the Cleansing flood I heard about his Healing, Of his cleansing pow'r Revealing How he made the lame To walk again And caused the Blind to see And then I cried "dear Jesus, Come and heal My broken spirit" And some how Jesus Came and brought To me the victory."

A few more to look up are "The Solid Rock", "I'll Fly Away" and "There Is A Fountain" :)

No comments: