Monday, December 12, 2011

Joy Comes From Thanksgiving

I would be lying if I said, "I love Arizona and could live here forever!" The Lord has been really been teaching me about the art of being content in all situations (which Paul teaches us), as well as remaining thankful, for out of thankfulness, pours joy. So, with that said, I wanted to make a list of all the things I am thankful for in AZ (in no particular order):

-Justin: On 7/19/08, I promised Justin, "Wherever you go, I will go." I have kept this promise and the Lord has been faithful to bless our marriage.
-Jude: Our sweet son is growing and changing every day. He truly is the joy of our lives and brings so much happiness into our home. He is strong, healthy, and happy!
-A job...though my job does not compare to the wonderful administration and faculty I had at AHS, I have a job, it pays, and it provides good insurance. Many people do not have this.
-A church...again, we can not begin to compare our new church, Maranatha Baptist to FBCO, but we shouldn't. The pastor preaches the Word, the congregation is SO welcoming. They have a great nursery for Jude and we're beginning a new Bible study on raising children in January.
-Circle K coffee: Circle K is a gas station originated in AZ...y'all, their coffee is GOOD, not cheapo gas station coffee. I can get a 20 oz for 79 cents and there is one right down the road from our hosue on the way to work
-Great Mexican food: Los Robertos Roast Chicken Burrito is all I can say...YUM!
-The views: I am a beach girl at heart, through and through, no changing that, but the mountains, canyons, rockscape, etc here is beautiful and breathtaking...to wake up to the Pinal Mts. right outside our kitchen window with snow on the top is great!
-Friends: Though they are few and far between (compared to NC and AL) the Lord has provided specific friends who have been such a blessing since we've moved here
-Internet: Because of this amazing tool, I feel that I have been able to stay in touch more than I ever could have 10 years ago...email, facebook, blogs, webcams...Thank You Lord!

Just typing this list, my heart feels better. The Lord is so gracious and worthy to be praised! Thank you Lord for your many blessings!

No comments: