Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Whirlwind

As I have posted about before, Fall is my favorite time of the year, and this year has proven that it continues to be just that. however, this year, October has flown by and Thanksgiving will be here in just a few weeks. Holy Cow! I had a wonderful birthday a few weeks ago, celebrating yes, 27 wonderful years. Justin and I had our first date night since our anniversary, (that would be since July), so it was long over due. The following weekend, some special friends from Arizona visited with us. Cash and I taught together in Globe and honestly, there were some days, without him, I don't know if I would have made it. He was a great Christian guy and introduced us to his adorable fiance, now wife. :) He was in Seattle for a conference any way, so Melissa flew up for a long weekend. We enjoyed visiting the Space Needle with them! It was an amazing view and we really enjoyed spending time with them. We also went to the Market and had some great seafood and thai food with them.
Here is one of the views from the Space Needle. Jude enjoyed looking at the boats and "choo choos" down below. There was a rugby game going on and they looked like ants playing.
Our sweet friends, the Veo's.
Cash and Melissa left on Sunday and the following Thursday, my Mom (Mo Mo) and sister (JJ) flew in! Talk about a visit I longed for. It was so great to see them and have a piece of home here. Don't get me wrong, this transition has been easier for me than our move to AZ, but I still miss them so much. It was also wonderful celebrating my sister's birthday with her and getting to feel Baby Eli move in her tummy. While they were here, we did some shopping, also visted the Market with them, and took them to the Salmon Hatchery, which Jude loves. Above, here is Mo Mo and JJ checking out the fish. It's a pretty neat place to see where the fish spawn, watch the fish ladder, and learn about the process.
Jude got the tiniest bit spoiled while they were here for a week. Not only did he not have to go to school, he probably got to watch Elmo a little than he was used to, as well as nibble on M&M's and cheetos. Something we don't usually have in the house. :) He loved playing with them and showing them his new "tricks". When you ask him "What does JJ say?" he'll respond with "No way!" because she says it all the time.
While at the hatchery, we took advantage of the beautiful fall colors for a mini photo shoot. This picture above is probably one of my favorite pictures ever of Jude It totally captures his personality. His whispy blonde hair that never lies down and the sweet sparkle in his eyes. He loves to run around the house, dance, and play with his animals. He also is picking up EVERYTHING. Just last night, I asked him if he wanted to snuggle and he said, "yes, snuggle" and he refused to eat the cranberries in the pumpkin mummets (his word for muffin) because he said they were bugs. He's a hoot!
Jude has also learned to make leaf angels, which Mommy loves since it gets his good clothes good and muddy. Thank you Daddy. He will throw the leaves around and anything he does, he wants everyone in the near vicinity to do with him. He'll point and say "Dada leaf." "Momma leaf" "Mo Mo leaf" and so on.
We had a wonderful time with my Mom and sister. We played around, laughed, ate great food, and made memories that I wish we could do on a weekly basis. I have so many friends that live near family and complain. It may be different for me if we lived super close, but coming from a girl on the other side of the country from her family, nothing bothers me more than to hear someone complain about spending time with family. I would love to have the opportunity.
Here is us being silly. Justin and I have an engagement picture just like this one so I love the fact that Jude is here to share in this particular picture.
Jude climbing trees like Daddy. :)
And, lastly, my Mom and sister's last full day was Halloween. This little tiger was pretty darn cute. When we first tried on his costume and showed it to him in the mirror, he growled. They all came to school with me to meet my students and friends at work. Since I teach at a middle school, we had a spirit day and all students were welcomed to wear their costumes. My kids LOVED seeing Jude. I was so excited to see him interacting with my kiddos. He even did a reading group with a few of them!

He did super with trick or treating. We walked around our neighborhood to about 15 houses. He did so great and got some yummy treats. He mostly just likes his M&M's, so we give him a few every couple of nights for dessert. He knows what it means to wait and he's done well with finishing dinner to get his treat.

My family left the following morning. They went with Justin to drop Jude off at school and we all balled. He was crying for Mo Mo and JJ when they left and when I picked him up, the first he said was "Mo Mo gone." and "JJ gone."

The good news is that Christmas will be here before we know it. He goes around and looks at pictures of all our family, and knows everyone by name. I know he will be ready to see everyone at the holidays!

Well, there's our whirlwind. Weekends go back to normal, but it was wonderful having our visitors.

No comments: