Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Punkins"

If you have ever read my blog before, or know me at all, you know that my favorite time of year is fall. I love everything about it. Cooler temperatures but not cold. Fall fashion, pumpkins, the smells, the fragrances, boots, football, the traditions, including Halloween and fall decor. EVERYTHING!
 Last weekend we went to a Pumpkin Patch. Jude loved the duck races and pumping the water to make them go. It was so cute and funny how he got a kick out of something so small.
 He wouldn't give me a chance and of course, he always won, little turkey.
 They had a corn maze, which Jude loved. He wanted to hide, rather than stay on the trails, which was fine by me. He also wanted to pick the corn and eat it.
 Once we made it to the actual pumpkin patch, we each picked a pumpkin that seemed just right for us. We had a really great time!
 Justin and I also enjoyed a date night out for my birthday last weekend. Here I am at 35.5 weeks. It was good to enjoy a quiet dinner together and then we walked around UW's campus and reminisced about our college days. We try to take a night per month just to ourselves and once we have it, I'm always reminded of the importance of it.
 Today, we enjoyed carving and painting our pumpkins. Good friends came over to help carve too. The adults ended up doing a lot of the grunt work, but the boys loved playing together.
When it was all said and done, Justin did a great job on his wolf pumpkin. My stripes do look better in person than in this picture. The black smudge actually is quite cute with a cursive S in the middle for Sadie, and Jude's green pumpkin with squiggles is adorable.

We have enjoyed the last 2 weeks with our fall traditions and making many more wonderful memories.

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: