Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oreo Balls & Mason's Birthday

1st Post of the Day-Oreo Balls:
As promised, I am going to do 1 recipe a week this summer to share with you some of my favorite things to eath and make. This one is from my friend Tiffany, so I must give her the credit. She shared them with me at Special Olympics and I made them for my family, who are visiting this weekend...super easy and way decilious! ENJOY!

Ingredients:
-1 package of oreos (You could do reduced fat, but I do double stuffed!)
-1 8 oz. package of cream cheese-softened (fat free of course)
-1 box of Baker's White Chocolate Bark

Directions:
1. Crush/crumble oreos in a food processor until tiny (You could put them in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin, but a food processor does get them smaller.)
2. Gently blend cream cheese with oreos
3. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
5. Melt White Chocolate Bark
6. Dip balls into white chocolate.
7. Cover cookie sheet with wax paper and place dipped balls onto it. Keep in refrigerator until hardened. Place in air tight bag or container and keep in fridge until eaten. YUMMY!

Thanks again Tiffany!!! :)

2nd Post of the Day-Mason's Birthday:
Today is our sweet boy's 1 year birthday. I can't believe it's been 1 year since we knew we would be bringing home our first family pet. Though owning and loving a dog does add to monthly expenses and our daily time, it has been well worth it. Mason has been WONDERFUL for our family. Justin takes him on a morning run every day. I walk him in the afternoons when I can and we almost always take him on a nightly walk together as a family. It's really held us accountable to being in shape, as well as giving us more intentional time together. Besides, Mason is just so darn cute! He is such a funny animal and loves to chew on his bones and play tug. He loves wrestling with Justin and snuggling with me. He's been such a wonderful addition to our family! Happy Birthday Macey Boy!

No comments: