Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sweet Baby Boy




First Family Picture
Thanks to Beth for announcing Jude's arrival yesterday for us! :) Jude is doing well and adjusting quite nicely to life after the womb. He is absolutely beautiful (not that I'm not bias or anything. )

As for just a few details of the delivery, my first contraction woke me up around 11:40 am. I thought I just had a bad stomach cramp honestly because my stomach was upset. I had 4 contractions 7 minutes apart before I realized something legitimate was going on so I went and woke up Justin. He got out of bed to help me time contractions and they were still about 6-7 minutes apart. I went and got Jill up and we called the parents to go ahead and start driving at this point. (Jill's spring break is this week so it was AMAZING to have her be a part of this with us.) I took a quick shower and at this time, my contractions were already 5 minutes apart. By the time we got in the car and drove to the hospital, my contractions were 3 minutes apart! I was admitted by 1:20 am and was already dilated to 6 cm. By 1:40 I was 8, and by 2:00 I was a full 10 and ready to push. After 35 minutes of pushing, Jude was born perfect and healthy!
I really had wanted to try natural child birth with no medication but I knew this was a heavy task. Justin and I had been praying specifically that the birth would be quick...God answered that prayer with a yes and I only labored for less than 3 hours TOTAL! Truly, thank you Lord.
We are both doing well and he's ready to nurse...Praise be to the Lord for all He has done! The Dellinger family is more blessed each moment by having Jude in our lives.

1 comment:

JBFerguson said...

He's beautiful. Congrats you guys!