Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blessings

All good and perfect things are from above... Thank you Lord for your many blessings! The Lord has been teaching me a great deal over the last few months. Perspective is very different when we allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us. If you have not heard the song "Blessings" by Laura Story, go to youtube and listen to it now...very moving and the lyrics have spoken right to my heart during this season of my life. I have had to get to the point where sometimes God's plan is different than mine, but it's always better. Here is the last part of the song:

"Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise"

May the Lord bless you today.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Nikki, Thank you for this post. I really needed to hear that today!

p.s Jude is so adorable!