Friday, June 3, 2011

A Little Late...

We have been super busy around here, but with multiple blessings. Justin's grandparents came to visit after our trip to Wilmington and Jude got to meet one of his great-great-grandmothers. This little man is really blessed. He has 4 grandparents, 5 great-grandparents, and 2 great-great grandmas! We had a great visit with them and are looking forward to meeting the other "greats" later this month!

After they visited, Auntie J (my sister Jillian) wanted to come for a visit before her boards and she begins working so we had a great time with her last week. Needless to say, Jude man is spoiled rotten, but in a good way. Last weekend, we made our first visit to Athens, TN, where my Mom's family lives. Jude got to meet his Mamaw Peggy for the first time, as well as all my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my Dad's side. One of the high lights was meeting his cousin Jamen. (My cousin Jeff's son.) Jeff has always been super special to me and now our boys are only 4 months apart, so they will get to grow up together!

While in TN, we got the share a bridal shower for Jillian and my cousin Brian's surprise 40th birthday bash. We had a great time hanging out with family and everyone getting to meet Jude. I feel like I might jinx myself, but Jude has really been a trooper with all the travelling in his short 11 1/2 weeks. He's been to Greenville, SC twice, Wilmington, NC, and Athens, TN! Whew...he's burned some miles already!

Lastly, I do want to give a Memorial Day shout out to all of the men and women that have or are still serving our country. We are immensely blessed to have the freedoms that we have. I think some people forget that these freedoms are not really "rights" but blessings the Lord gives us. From our own immediate family, I would like to thank...

Paul Lamb-Army (served in WWII), my grandpa
Sonny Brackett-Army (served during Korean War), my grandpa
Roger Cantrell-Marines (served in Vietnam), my uncle
Dennis Barnes-Army (served during Vietnam), my uncle
Tommy Brackett-Air Force, my uncle
Brian Cantrell-Air Force, my cousin (and his wife Consuela)
Jerry Dellinger-Army (served during Korean War), Justin's grandpa
Tracy Caldwell-Army (I think), Justin's Uncle

Pictures from the last few weeks are to come...

No comments: