Friday, January 6, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

2011 was a wonderful, yet trying year in the Dellinger house hold. January and February were spent enjoying the last few weeks of being a family of 2. We enjoyed lots of snuggles, walks, and preparing for our little man to arrive. In March, Justin presented his Master's thesis and defense and prepared to graduate with his Masters from Auburn University in May. We also welcomed our beautiful son in March. After Jude's birth, we experienced an abundance of visits from family and friends. We celebrated in my sister's graduation from UNCW in May, as well as having Jude's first beach visit. The summer went by way too fast with vacations, my sister's wedding, and our farewell to Auburn and our entrance into Arizona. Justin and both started new job, Jude started day care, and our little man has not stopped going for a second. We have loved watching him grow, sharing in family traditions like carving pumpkins, watching Auburn football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We are immensely blessed and thankful for all of the trials and joys we've experienced this year.

While in college, my church in Wilmington always (and still does) a series called "My One Word" rather than a resolution. This has been something that has really been wonderful for me. Personally, I choose 1 word that I really want to focus on in my life for that year and resolve to pray over this word and seek God's guidance in becoming more like Him.

In the past, I have chosen these words: purity, trust, intentional. This year, my word is MEEK. According to Webster, this word means "showing patience and humility, gentle". Enough said.

As we say good bye to the memories that we will cherish forever from 2011, I am thrilled to see what the Lord has in store for 2012. Happy New Year!

No comments: