Sunday, December 16, 2012

21 Months

My heart is heavy as I write this post. There are many families who will not write about their child's next birthday because of the sin and evilness on this Earth. My words are not always so eloquent, so I encourage you to read: http://taylorandamanda.blogspot.com/ She has put things into the words that I want to say. My prayers go up to the families of the victims of this horrific tragedy.

Onto my sweet boy....he turned 21 months on Saturday. I can't believe we're quickly approaching age 2. He is soaking everything up and I love him more and more every day.

Our sweet boy has an opinion. He is now trying to eat what he wants to eat, meaning cheese crackers, for every meal and every snack. We may have a small fit every time it's a meal or snack time. No big deal. Though he has his moments, he's a pretty chill little guy. He is best with a routine and he does well following directions. (Knock on wood.)

He's been really sick during the past few weeks. He's had a really bad cold that we're treating with all natural cold medicine and a humidifier. Thankfully, just in the last few days, he seems to be on the upside, but it's made his normal great sleeping patterns not to great. The past week has been tough at nights, but I know he will readjust.

Jude has learned a lot over the last month. He can identify 25 letters (V stumps him up) and he knows the colors white, black, brown, blue, purple, and yellow. His favorite is brown, including his brown cow and brown M&M's. He can count to 2, haha. He continues to love his animals and he's enthralled by the Christmas tree and ornaments. He's pretty excited about riding a bus, choo choo, and aiw pwane next week to visit family!

Jude is also doing well with making his needs and wants known. If I say something he doesn't want, he'll let me know. He also requests, "Mommy do dat" if he wants me to help him. If I try to help when he wants to be independent, he'll say, "No, Jude does it." He talks about his friends from school, Sutton, Andrew, and Reece being his best buddies. He also loves going to church...they have a train table in his classroom, haha. He does talk about singing about Jesus when we pick him up.

Because of his bad cold, his appetite hasn't been awesome this month, so he seems scrawny to me. :( He's in 18-24 month clothes. The lengths fit him well, but he usually needs a belt at the waist. He may be skinny like his Daddy.

Without the cold, he usually is in bed by 8:15 or 8:30 and awake around 7. He naps for 2-3 hours after lunch every day.

I can't believe how big our "baby" is. After the holidays, we will be moving to a "big" bed. Bap (his paci) will soon follow and potty training will be my spring break mission in April.

Happy 21 Months Sweet Baby Jude. We love you so very much!

No comments: