Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our Seattle Visit

A view of the market....Seattle has many public libraries, including the main campus in the heart of downtown which happens to have an amazing children's wing. We visited and stayed for over an hour. Jude LOVED all the games, puzzles, and books and even met a new friend.


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we really enjoyed our trip to Seattle. I honestly had no association or idea what Seattle was like other than my views of it from Grey's Anatomy, sadly enough. However, it was a really neat city. It was very diverse, with tons of Mom and Pop places to eat and shop. The scenery was amazing and there were many neat museums, architecture, and places to visit. One really neat place was Pike's Place Market, which is where we were when we saw this fresh fish, literally caught that morning in the bay about 200 yards behind where we were standing. The Market stretched for blocks and blocks of all kinds of different shops.
I'm not sure if Seattle is somewhere I would want to live, considering I prefer much rural settings, but I would encourage anyone who wants to visit a neat, American city, Seattle would be on the top of my list.

No comments: